Third Party Apps
In order to offer you a wide variety of possible ways of using commercetools platform for all your commerce purposes, we team up with several external service providers where it fits.
To enhance the order flows implemented on the commercetools platform, we also offer you a direct link to a bunch of shipment providers like UPS, DHL and Hermes. Our friends at shipcloud.io
have many years of experience in dealing with APIs of shipment providers. Therefore we have implemented their service directly into the Admin Center.
You can easily add shipping labels when you add a Parcel to a Delivery via the Admin Center.
In order to run the shipcloud.io plugin correctly we need some information from their backend.
- Go to shipcloud.io and create an account.
- Login to your account and go to the section
- Copy the production key and the sandbox key in the corresponding fields in the shipcloud.io
settings overview of the Admin Center. You can find them under
Third-Party Apps. (You must have administrator rights to do that!)
- For testing purposes we recommend to tick
Use sandbox key. Otherwise the labels you create might be billed by shipcloud.io .
- Optionally you can add standard parcels to make your daily life easier. The information
weightare necessary to create a shipping label.
To produce a shipping label and link it correctly to the order, some requirements have to be met regarding the data in your order. We need the following information to be able to create a shipping label:
- Fully set ShippingInfo
- Several information in the shippingAddress. Please also see Data Mapping for mandatory fields.
When you are creating a parcel and use shipcloud.io as provider, we send a request to the shipcloud.io API with several information from the order and the parcel. Here is an overview how we manage the mapping so that you can build your frontend accordingly.
|commercetools platform API field||shipcloud.io field||Mandatory/Optional|